While the most beautiful avenue of the world is slowly turning into a show room of globalization with international signs here and hamburger restaurants there, a big ship keeps its course, and sails through the years, with losing its power of attraction or its panache!
A little history...
1899 The Fouquet’s is born, taking the place of a driver’s bar, on the corner of the Champs Elysées and the avenue Georges V.
1930 The Fouquet’s is the place to be for actors at the time. The first movie theatre opens on the Champs Elysées. Raimu turns the restaurant into his office, Gabin and Michèle Morgan meet there, Carné, Clouzot or Guitry sign their contracts there...
1950 The establishment becomes home to the « Nouvelle Vague », represented by Truffaut, Godard and Chabrol.
1976 The Molière and César gala dinners are organized at the Fouquet’s, owned by Mr Casanova.
1990 The restaurant is added to the « supplementary list of historical monuments » and is officially recognized as important in French culture.
1999 The Fouquet’s is totally renovated and celebrates its 100th birthday!
Today, the place is home to Parisian high society and show business.
In the kitchens of this noble institution, we find Jean-Yves Leuranguer, elected « meilleur ouvrier de France ». He composes a gourmet cuisine, inventive and refined.
In his « historical ideal gourmet menu », he has chosen to include the specialties that made and still make this place famous, and keeps its cinema-world accents.